RECENT COMMENTS

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

vim

She should use VIM

If only she'd clean smoothly with VIM


Comments: vim

I need more vim...
Posted by Nora at February 18, 2004 09:26 AM

Don't we all, dear.

Just off to hide my saucepans now.
Posted by boynton at February 18, 2004 10:00 AM

so, you take this VIM and then your so off your face, everything is hunky dory?
Posted by dj at February 18, 2004 10:57 AM

Wouldn't know about that, dj, I'm only a moderate Pine-o-Clean user myself.
Posted by boynton at February 18, 2004 11:53 AM

As my mum used to say, "doesn't matter what brand it is, unless you use plenty of elbow grease none of them'll work".

No, she's not dead. Nor has she stopped saying it. It's that I've just stopped listening to her. I'm up to dolly's wax with her old fashioned homilies.
Posted by Sedgwick at February 18, 2004 03:14 PM

You can also apparently get good results cleaning with vodka.

I dunno, I never tried it, but it might work.
Posted by Scott Wickstein at February 19, 2004 12:34 AM

VIM doesn't work without vigor. I speak from experience.
Posted by MG at February 19, 2004 07:37 AM

Those ads are really scarey - the people look JUST LIKE MY FAMILY. No wonder we fled to Australia.
Posted by David Tiley at February 19, 2004 11:58 AM

Scott - I like the sound of that.
Scotch and Coke might be a good mix for the latter agent.

You're right, MG, and as Sedge's mother says,
it's all in the elbow grease.

Some of the other ads are scary too, David.
Not much subtext - just straight for the insecurity jugular of the (female) cinema patrons of the 50's. Watching those regularly on the big screen might induce social phobia.
You'd want to hide from such scary house-guests along with your under-sparkling saucepans.
Posted by boynton at February 19, 2004 12:44 PM

Just remembered my mother's and Mrs. Ogmore Pritchard's cleaner of choice ... White Lily. Much more effective and evocative than Vim, though the elbow grease rule still applies.
Posted by Sedgwick at February 21, 2004 07:46 AM

No comments: