RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, February 23, 2004

mini golf

Mini Golf Stratford Upon Avon

from a photo gallery at Miniature Golfer via things

See also the Old putting and miniature golf postcards

Bispham UK 1960's

Amigoland, South Carolina


Comments: mini golf


So, where are the really good mini-golf courses? I always liked the one on Hamilton Island, but mostly because you could then infer you had been to Hamilton Island. The courses seem renowned for making outrageous claims about the brilliance - for example the one in Mulwala, NSW which claims to be the "best in Australia". I doubt - although it might be the best in Mulwala, at a pinch. There is a good collection of courses at Dingley in the south-east.
Posted by phlip at February 23, 2004 04:35 PM

well I used to love the one at Phillip Island - err - Philip. It was next to the Continental and had a retro feel even then. I used to prefer playing mini-golf to going to the (surf) beach - which is obviously a very uncool confession.
It's probably been bulldozed or updated now, alas.
I have played at Dingley 88 H7 with my nephews.
Quite good. (This was the first time I played since I was a child at Cowes I hasten to add)
There's also one at Chirnside Park I believe, which I must call into one day on the way home from a bit of grape grazing maybe ;)
Posted by boynton at February 23, 2004 06:39 PM

I have played the Stratford Upon Avon course a few times and I agree, it is a great course.

But there's another in the UK which is equally as good - on the South Coast, in Hastings. An Adventure Golf course set in beautifully landscaped White Rock Gardens.

Families are welcome and staff are friendly. The course also plays host to regular minigolf tournaments which are organised by The British Minigolf Association.

Go and try it!!
Posted by The Stance at September 8, 2004 06:11 AM

No comments: