RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, February 19, 2004

alum falls

Alum Falls Ohio- An Orginal Comic about Growing up in Fifties (via Pop Culture Junk Mail)

As the fictional character John Snavely explains in A Portrait of the Artist as an Old Man:
Why would an otherwise sane adult put his entire life into a comic strip on the Web? Not only is it incredibly egotistical, but it's damn time-consuming too. A few months in 1959 has taken me a couple of years. At this rate in 20 years I'll get as far as 1964!

Let's say that I, John Snavely, have developed that sense of autonomy and seem to be able to exercise it only by rendering a life, mine, in the form of a Web comic strip


As PCJM warned, I lost track of time as I read through some of the detailed sequences. I'll try to stagger the chapters of the absorbing There Goes My Baby over a few days.


The memorium for author Damon Rarey was very moving to read.


Comments: alum falls

Thanks for posting this. It's so wonderful.
Posted by Curtis at February 24, 2004 01:50 PM

it is great, isn't it.
Needs time to savour.
Posted by boynton at February 24, 2004 03:54 PM

No comments: