RECENT COMMENTS

Friday, January 21, 2005

my music

Watching Walk On By last night and shedding the odd tear over Over the Rainbow confirms I am well over the hill or still overly sentimental.

Today searching for a good midi among the many bad I found this collection at Heart and Soul Music Providing Quality Music For Nursing Homes which has samples of Piano Accompaniment, and a few featured songs like Danny Boy where you can find your key. I worked backwards until I found I was in fact Female Unaccompanied G
(well - Female without melody - but that's not for me to say)


and of course we're always up for a Pianola Party


Comments: my music

Music For Nursing Homes?

Are you that far gone, Boynton?


Posted by Norabone at January 21, 2005 07:10 PM

Hey - don't knock the rock, Nora.

You should check out "I've got you Under My Skin"
A nice version for karaoke.

(As featured in The Singing Detective ;) )
Posted by boynton at January 21, 2005 07:25 PM

Norabone and Boynton: The Singing Defectives.

Scurries ....... off.
Posted by Tony.T at January 21, 2005 08:20 PM

Sadly Dem Bones dem bones - they refuse to sing with Boynton now.

I'm Always Chasing Marlows, myself.

Actually I only like about a dozen of those to sing, and Danny Boy. But that's enough for a Party.
I think my next party will have a singing directive.
Posted by boynton at January 21, 2005 09:23 PM

A trip down memory lane,what about Moonriver
(breakfast at Tiffany's)always brings a tear to my eye.
Posted by at January 22, 2005 11:13 AM

"Moonlight Serenade" seems to be the closest there.
Posted by boynton at January 22, 2005 01:06 PM

I choose to leave the room. It's my Singing Elective.
Posted by Tony.T at January 23, 2005 07:10 PM

You make me sing and I'll become the Singing Dejective.
Posted by Tony.T at January 23, 2005 07:11 PM

as long as there's no singing invective.
Posted by boynton at January 23, 2005 07:17 PM

One of the cartoons festooning the walls of my day job den shows a chustle of vintage ladies at an old folks home, gathered round the piano for a good old singalong.

The sheet music in front of the distingushed old ivory tickler preparing to bash the keys, clearly reads ""Closer" by 'Nine Inch Nails'" and the speech bubble has one old dear saying to another: "You'll like this one Agnes. It's about animals."
Posted by Nabakov at January 24, 2005 09:03 PM

Tittering Into My Hankie.

I'm inching closer to that old dear scenario every day.
Posted by boynton at January 24, 2005 11:26 PM

Well right now I'm listening to Paul Mauriat's "Love Is Blue" - Pan Am's main take-off sedation muzak when they were flying 707s across the cocktail green Pacific.

Could I get any cooler? I don't think so.
Posted by Nabakov at January 24, 2005 11:41 PM

Another sister, (not Dorothy) used to sing that song around the house. True.
Can't recall if it had a sedative effect.
Posted by boynton at January 24, 2005 11:54 PM

Love is Blue rocks!

I hope you were toting your little blue & white travel-bag, Nab.
Posted by Tony.T at January 26, 2005 05:45 PM

Take Two: Love Is Blue

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250479/
Posted by Tony.T at January 26, 2005 05:48 PM

I have one of those little blue and white bags in my collection, waiting to be toted.
Posted by boynton at January 26, 2005 06:45 PM

No comments: