RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, January 20, 2005

firewalls an dfoxes

A Sydney correspondent informs me that he cannot comment here regardless of the old browser thing of having to access comments via the permalink. News to me. It seems that some people may strike a Firewall problem at Ubersportingpundit blogs, as Mark Bahnisch explains over at Troppo (with a solution)

I would also like to reassure any of the Forbidden that no one has ever been banned from commenting here at boynton, apart from 180 spruiking bibs and bobs.

And this is probably too long (or too sorry) a tag to place over the Comments or in the sidelinks.


Comments: firewalls and foxes

On another machine. Stop. Testing boynton comments. Stop. Pressing post.
Posted by Sydney.C at January 20, 2005 06:04 PM

Stop.
Posted by Sydney.C at January 20, 2005 06:05 PM

I've pinged Troppo now, Syd. Stop.

Still - it might help open the floodgates to the forbidden commenters.
Posted by boynton at January 20, 2005 06:13 PM

If only I could figure out how to fix it :( Sorry it is all beyond my knowing.
Posted by Scott Wickstein at January 20, 2005 06:49 PM

No worries, Scott - I'm not complaining. Just wanted to reassure any people who may have thought themselves forbidden.

Going by my figures, it has probably affected 2 people in 2 months or so at boynton - and that's a generous estimate ;)

Meanwhile, the spam has been cut back to almost nothing.
Touch wood (as it were)
Posted by boynton at January 20, 2005 06:54 PM

3 cheers for free speech !!!
Posted by at January 20, 2005 09:22 PM

If I had something to say I would comment to see if it works.
Posted by Francis Xavier HoldenXH at January 20, 2005 11:54 PM

it seems to
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at January 20, 2005 11:55 PM

In here
Posted by Ajax Bucky at January 21, 2005 08:48 AM

Ha!
Posted by Ajax Bucky at January 21, 2005 08:48 AM

Two or two hundred it would bear more on the "nature" of the blocked than their mass in aggregate, hmm?
Once as a flagrant violator of most rules I conspired to enter an amusement park after hours when the lights were off and the rides all still; my companions found it exhilarating to break the locks on the confectioner's stand and make off with candy and cigarettes but me I went and sat in the roller-coaster, even walked up the tracks a ways, more because I could and wasn't supposed to, but even more some extra thing, above that, a connection to the larger constellation we can't see, from being in the midst of it.
None of that directly snapping onto the template here, of course - but here I am.
At last.
Again.
Posted by Ajax Bucky at January 21, 2005 08:55 AM

hip, hip.

FX - having nothing to say has never stopped me.
Am I posting or testing? Who knows.

Ajax - welcome back.
(btw. I think the floodgates figure of speech was flawed. I knew it at the time, but posted it anyway. In conversation it would be muttered tentatively awaiting modification)
Glad to hear of your choice of contraband carnival.
My fear of heights might have deterred me from walking up the tracks. I would have chosen to walk among the placid carousel horses.

btw - had to use carousel instead of my preferred merry-go(delete)-Round because of that old Go(delete)ro questionable content!
Posted by boynton at January 21, 2005 04:16 PM

No comments: