RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, January 03, 2005

100 things

100 things we didn't know this time last year

36. One in five British homes has a foot spa, although mostly they lie idle, among more than £3bn of "useless gadgets" to be found in UK homes, according to insurance firm Esure.

(via *.*)


Comments: 100 things

I wonder if I learnt 100 things last year? If not I can always come here and catch up.
Posted by Link at January 3, 2005 10:37 PM

65. "Square eyes" might be real - Australian researchers have found that children who spend a long time inside watching television or on computers become more susceptible to short-sightedness.
Posted by nb at January 3, 2005 11:09 PM

I've had an inkling about a few things, Link.
Like foot spas.
Potato peelers, on the other hand, was news to me.

Sorry, nb?

E
CB
DLN
PTER
FZBDE
GOOGLE
Posted by boynton at January 4, 2005 11:39 AM

I probably forgot 100 things last year.

I'll always remember John B Priestley's middle name, though.
Posted by Tony.T at January 4, 2005 12:51 PM

Hmm - Was it Bronte?

I can't remember if we had the collective noun for Rhinos at Trivia before?
(some pub trivia just crashes through)
Think we may have had #47 before - I'll remember in 10 milliseconds.

You can delegate all UK foot spa questions to me henceforth.
Posted by boynton at January 4, 2005 01:12 PM

Oh c'mon. All that stuff is pretty much common knowledge.

Although I'd argue from personal experience that the number of people killed by falling tombstones in the UK is grossly underrated.

Also, who or what is a "Scooby Doo"?
Posted by Nabakov at January 4, 2005 10:17 PM

I think a Scooby Doo is more of a Where.
Posted by boynton at January 4, 2005 11:30 PM

http://www.magictrade.dk/images/kort/mirage/Crash%20of%20Rhinos.jpg
Posted by yobbo at January 6, 2005 07:40 PM

Love is also like a rhino 'cos it gives you the horn?

Certainly many great love affairs seem to have been executed on the principle of crash through or crash.

Or in my case, crash out.
Posted by Nabakov at January 6, 2005 11:46 PM

Thanks Yob, for the adage.
An advatnage at Trivia.

Just as well it wasn't a "prickle of hedgehogs"
"a bed of oyssters" of "A rhumba of rattlesnakes", eh? ;)

Dunno about Love, but just took a crash-course in collective nouns there. A google of something.
Posted by boynton at January 7, 2005 07:09 PM

No comments: