RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, February 07, 2005

universal

Yes a week is a long time in blogging and meteorology.
Just over a week ago, on one of our mid-thirties days, I read again of the snowbound blogospherical elsewhere, again of that contrast noted by Gary, at its most stark in January.
But then our weather went silly buggers anyway - so that we all could possibly meet in global jumpers for a day unmarked by seasonal distinction.

Which in turn made an earlier thought redundant. When I was still struck by the polarity of blogging narratives with weather, I came across this picture of the day via Toph.

Untitled, I'm not sure of the context, but the maginifcent Pine tree seemed to be a universal.
I had walked among the Pines only the day before, so the unknown image seemed especially familiar. Of no specific place, but this.




Comments: universal

I see you have indeed slipped Ms Fitsward with your language.
Posted by Flute at February 7, 2005 02:56 PM

Yes and hot on the heels of my nude quotes link.
shamelessly hitsward, or hitswall.
Posted by boynton at February 7, 2005 03:11 PM

I think you need to blow that up. There's someone deep in the shadows. I believe it could be David Hemmings' ghost.
Posted by Tony.T at February 7, 2005 09:34 PM

By the way, Flutey beat me to the punch language-wise.

Tsk.
Posted by Tony.T at February 7, 2005 09:35 PM

"There's someone deep in the shadows. I believe it could be David Hemmings' ghost."

No, it's actually Vanessa Redgrave going through the pockets of her dead agnet to find the contract that got her into this weirdo film in the first place.

"Damnit, I should done "Tom Jones" instead."
Posted by Nabakov at February 7, 2005 10:55 PM

Maybe he walked off the Moonlight Screen - I didn't know that was that playing? I thought it would have been the usual suspects.

Oh - 'that' Tom Jones...

All this talk of the weirdo film means I'll really have to hire the DVD now. Is there an alt soundtrack to synch?
Posted by boynton at February 8, 2005 12:05 PM

Of no specific place indeed, nor of specific genus. For that pine-like thing in the foreground of your picture could be a casaurina, no?
Posted by Jarrett at February 8, 2005 03:02 PM

"a pine-like thing" may be the etxent of my knowledge, Jarrett, but I'm glad you asked.

Don't think it's a casaurina, it's probably more your (literally in this case) Monterey - is that the same as the standard Radiata?

I chose this vague detail for the almost iconic background of blue/gold/gum.
The "no specific place" possibly meant a shorthand for the non-native landscape.
(I could have written more)

Non-native Pines (from California?) featured in childhood places, so my affection is nostalgic, if not strictly environmentally sound.
But I've just googled "Australian conifers" which has been interesting.
Posted by boynton at February 8, 2005 03:40 PM

No comments: