RECENT COMMENTS

Friday, February 04, 2005

topical

the weather

I watched 20 minutes of full on storm footage, with that litany of trees uprooted, cars afloat, jetties smashed like matchsticks, ferries retreating, power cuts, cranes snapping, train chaos, havoc wreaked.

The back fence with a bad lean didn't seem so bad. It's just done its back.

We all coolly put on our coats and went up the road for pasta in february


Comments: topical

this extreme weather is a manifestation of global warming, probably linked to the recent collapse of the antarctic ice cap.
It is only going to get worse.
Posted by millipede at February 4, 2005 02:35 PM

Probably
Posted by boynton at February 4, 2005 02:37 PM

I've never heard of a "litany" of trees uprooted, etc.

Although I might have missed the odd one while the power was out.
Posted by Tony.T at February 4, 2005 06:07 PM

Are you smashing my literary style like match-sticks?
Hmm - perhaps that should read "I listened."

"A repetitive or incantatory recital"

- and another reason - there was a rhyme to it.
Posted by boynton at February 4, 2005 06:15 PM

I had to prune the sentence of its offensive "of of",
so I added a "with" when I was there, defensively.
Posted by boynton at February 4, 2005 06:35 PM

The cruelty of the literal critic...
Posted by wen at February 6, 2005 07:48 AM

water off a duck's back...
Posted by boynton at February 6, 2005 06:57 PM

No comments: