RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, February 17, 2005

dental poetics

"Mr. Maurice Farkoa." Printed on back: "I find Odol a most cleaning dentifrice and a refreshing mouthwash."

Vintage Dental Postcards (via Life In The Present)


I have been reading poetic dental experiences lately (coincidentally and vicarious)
Paula's House of toast Deracinement

and Okir (see Feb 10, 9, 7)


Comments: dental poetics

l am so grateful for modern dentist's.
Gone are the day's of dental pain.
Posted by at February 17, 2005 05:53 PM

On a barely related note, that ivory merchant material reminds me of the joys of developing world public health and safety campaigns, some of which helped make me the fearless mosquito killer I am today.

This collection is particularly delightful.
http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000036.html
http://www.retrocrush.com/archive2003/charts/index.html
Posted by Nabakov at February 17, 2005 10:21 PM

Look after your teeth and you will be able to eat newspapers.

http://www.vintagepostcards.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=VPC&Product_Code=MEDIDE-R6039

If you don't, we'll stick giant pliers in your gob!

http://www.vintagepostcards.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=VPC&Product_Code=MEDIDE-F8814
Posted by Tony.T at February 17, 2005 11:18 PM

I think the pain is mainly in the memory and avoidance.

N: That retrocrush collection is wonderful.
I like the indoor 12/12 cricket, but the banana sequence is hard to beat. It is compulsive behaviour?
Posted by boynton at February 17, 2005 11:20 PM

er that should read "Is it...?" not the strange "It is...?" I think the posters got to me...

T - how could have I missed those pliers!
Or are they pliers?
It is not a theatre poster with the dramatic triplets: Comedy, Tragedy and
Metallurgy?
Posted by boynton at February 17, 2005 11:27 PM

I like that the kid turns his burning witch mum into a cigar. Very pragmatic, that.
Posted by Tony.T at February 17, 2005 11:28 PM

I like the radio.

I think that radio would be playing my kinda top 40 mix.
Posted by boynton at February 17, 2005 11:47 PM

No comments: