RECENT COMMENTS

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

extreme laundry

The back fence with a bad lean didn't seem so bad. It's just done its back.

In fact, the entire back fence is now being supported by one corner of the hills hoist. The clothes-line was shaky to start with, but seems to have risen to the challenge of shouldering the fallen. But hanging out washing now seems a perilous activity. It is impossible to peg the angle of greatest impact in the event of collapse, and avoid it. If the line were in a public place it would be condemned in orange netting. It needs a soundtrack.


Comments: extreme laundry


Dead link! And really, we need this visual!
Posted by Jarrett at February 8, 2005 05:46 PM

Thanks. Hope it measures up.
It was the angle of the visual...
Posted by boynton at February 8, 2005 05:55 PM

That ABC article made me look twice - written by Clare Valley? http://www.clarevalley.com.au
Posted by Kent at February 8, 2005 08:47 PM

There is, of course, only one test as to the Hills' stability.

Put a cricket ball in a stocking, hang it from one corner of the hoist and procede to improve your eye. And more importantly, your footwork.
Posted by Tony.T at February 9, 2005 10:24 AM

Kent - I was lazy linking yesterday and didn't even notice.
http://www.abc.net.au/southcoast/presenters/VALLEYCLAREVALLEY.htm
Related to Margaret River?

Tony.
I think my footwork would be marred by edgy glances and I'd be stumped well outside the crease (inside the pavillion).
Posted by boynton at February 9, 2005 04:13 PM

two years ago. my neighbour. who is not well. said. "don't ever talk to me again or visit please. or ring my sons and daughters. or police or the CATT team."

The side fence leans and leans. theres a gap the orange cat can squeeze through withought squeezing at all. a tree holds it up. almost. i don't know what to do.
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at February 9, 2005 07:40 PM

Sisters, surely, sipping their wine.
Posted by Kent at February 10, 2005 04:06 AM

FXH - I think you may have chanelled my last bit of the story, which I chose to leave out. Well, the general territory thereof. Cats and Dogs.

Fences make good stories.

I hope the tree holds.

K- They could do a 2wineladies sort of show together.
Posted by boynton at February 10, 2005 08:31 AM

you said "It needs a soundtrack"?

Don't Fence Me In?
Patsy Cline - I fall to Pieces
Don Henley - Dirty Laundry
Hilary Duff - Come Clean
Bob Seger - Against the Wind
Thomas Dolby - AirWaves.

cheers from the Western District of Victoria.
Posted by Brownie at February 14, 2005 06:54 PM

I was thinking (but didn't explain properly) of a Bernard Herrmann sort of deal, sort of Psycho/Birds/Lost In Space - to underscore the psychic terror of approaching clothes-line gone wrong.
But I love you suggestions - esp Patsy Cline.
'I fall to pieces' could work very well.

I wish I was in the Western District. Cheers.
Posted by boynton at February 14, 2005 07:07 PM

No comments: