RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, February 14, 2005

anxiety day

An Anxious Moment...
(the sight of a tiny postman will do that)

On the outskirts a more strapping postman

meanwhile in the general post office


Comments: anxiety day

Did you get anxious today when the postman arrived ?
Posted by at February 14, 2005 08:25 PM

I am always anxious, alas.
Posted by boynton at February 14, 2005 09:36 PM

No need to be anxious on such a lovely day.
Love is a many splendid thing !!
Posted by at February 14, 2005 10:15 PM

"Tiny Postman". Where are they playing next?

Somehow an emailed Valentine doesn't quite cut it. But a hand- addressed and delivered letter, now more than ever in this e-world, really gets your attention and expectation up.

Speaking of which, excuse me. The back of my neck is burning.
Posted by Nabakov at February 15, 2005 02:54 AM

- at Dizzy's.

A handwriiten card - yes I imagine it would.
Handwriting is the new prescription.
Posted by boynton at February 15, 2005 09:15 AM

er.. excuse those two i's in written.
They really jump out at me.

Posted by boynton at February 15, 2005 04:45 PM

O boynton
Woe is me. I forgot to send you a Valentine.

Did 19th century Victoria really look like the American South?
(Or at least my minds-eye conception of the American South, which like my minds-eye conception of boynton, may have little
resemblance to reality.)
Posted by millipede at February 16, 2005 12:05 PM

Maybe at the height of Marvellous Melbourne? But inthe first pic her vantage point seems more like from inside a Floral Festival booth of 'non specific place'.
The cottage in the bush seems more Australian, but it is indeed a miracle that those girls could turn out in such finery from the confines of a small bush hut. Such things did happen though, on Sundays.
I suspect they were all in love with the postman and saw this moment as their big chance.
Posted by boynton at February 16, 2005 12:34 PM

No comments: