RECENT COMMENTS

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

dinner

I've been following the virtual dinner party with 9 strangers/bloggers meme started by J Walk and taken up by the Presurfer and Sarcasmo...

A daunting propsect even virtually, although local experience tells me that meeting your blogroll in person can be very enjoyable.
I used to wonder how so-called sifter bloggers would converse without the aid of a hyperlink twice removed and only a tag line for show.

eg, this might be the virtual boynton sitting somewhere down the table at a virtual dinner party.

boynton: (to no one in particular) See the woman over there, behind the man in the bowler who's talking to the part-time percussionist ... She just showed me these found vintage cigarette cards featuring obscure cricketers from the nineteen thirties.

(Pause)

I can't think of the tag...




For small talk I could always take along an album of dog photos, Melbourne meteorolgical records and a box of dominoes.


Comments: dinner

Did I ever mention The Third Man?
Posted by Flute at February 1, 2005 03:26 PM

Yes, but slow off the mark, I'll only blog it after the third man mentions it. ;)
Posted by boynton at February 1, 2005 03:35 PM

Did I ever mention the Flute?
Posted by Harry Lime at February 1, 2005 03:55 PM

I couldn't hear over the Zither
Posted by boynton at February 1, 2005 04:03 PM

That bloody thing keeps following me around. I can't even have a quiet moment in the loo without Anton Karras building up to a climax with his blurred digits.
Posted by Harry Lime at February 1, 2005 04:17 PM

No comments: