RECENT COMMENTS

Sunday, February 20, 2005

fairytale generator

Fairy Tale Generator (via Sarcasmo)

Interesting to see a fairytale broken into component parts eg: delivery, complicity, trickery Could be useful for generating other sorts of narrative.

Fairytale Illustrators at Grandma's Graphics (via Twists and Turns)


Comments: fairytale generator

Once upon a time, they lived happily ever after.

'cept for the crazy ex who kept ringing up all the time, ranting on about being dumped after midnight in Box Hill with pumpkin seeds stuck between her toes.
Posted by Nabakov at February 20, 2005 09:12 PM

And then there was Hansel and Gretal !
No wonder the wicked witch was pissed of, they ate her god damm house.........those children desevered to be put in the oven.

Some fairytale!
Posted by at February 20, 2005 09:23 PM

Nabakov:
She was standing on the kerb of what appeared to be a major arterial road leading to the mountains.
Behind her was a White Horse. She slowly and deliberately asked him if there was any chance of a tram arriving soon that would take her back into the city. He said nothing, but tilted his head in a gesture that might mean either "Go away" or "Look sharp to your West". To her surprise a mysterious green object was rattling down the hill towards them...
The next bit was generated using "Unrecognized Arrival"...

"Before I entered the foreign kingdom, a general dressed in black and red wearing white paint asked me who I was and how I came. I told him about my shoes, about my needle, and about the creature I had slain. His eyes opened in delight, and he scribbled down my boasts on a parchment of yellow paper."


Anon - I was always disturbed by Hansel and Gretel. I always felt that I should take some breadcrumbs with me on family excursions ;)
Posted by boynton at February 20, 2005 09:51 PM

Proppian?!? It should be called POPPIAN. Most every bloody story is about dad.
Posted by Tony.T at February 20, 2005 10:45 PM

Really? I thought this one was about Pub Trivia.

"While I stood and shook I prayed for the knowledge to come and fill that part of my head that knew and understood nothing of this world."
Posted by boynton at February 20, 2005 10:56 PM

No comments: