RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, April 14, 2005

treated books

A Humument
The artist plays Pygmalion with W.H. Mallock's A Human Document (1892).

(via as above)

weathered books a flickr set (via ramage)


Comments: treated books

We have the new edition of A Humument in the shop where I work, but I didn't know there was a website for it. I'll take a look.

Aren't those photos great?
Posted by dave at April 15, 2005 03:51 AM

I've got a copy of The Humament. It's gorgeous work.
Posted by Lonita at April 15, 2005 08:44 AM

oh god, i love a humument.
Posted by laura at April 15, 2005 11:41 AM

Yeah the photos are certainly good.

And I might just have to look around for the non-virtual "A Humument".
Posted by boynton at April 15, 2005 02:35 PM

Tequila Mockingbird is a site I love - and that is where I found this strange but appealing book sharing idea -

http://www.bookcrossing.com/

would it work in Australia . . . .naaaaah.
Posted by Brownie at April 21, 2005 09:06 PM

http://www.bookcrossing.com/hunt/4/72/32416/travel_-Australia-Victoria-Melbourne-CBD

Maybe it does?
I love that concept, and first saw it a few years ago when I happened to be googling a park in Melb.Apparently a book had just been released in this otherwise obscure place.
Posted by boynton at April 21, 2005 10:03 PM

No comments: