RECENT COMMENTS

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

australasian

I hesitated for 3 seconds before buying a facsimile edition of The Australasian Sketcher at the op-shop recently. I've since been reading the miscellany of acclimatisation, theatricals, shipping and spiritualism of Melbourne in 1873 in a folio edition that makes one adopt an almost authentic facsimile pose of peering at the columns of small text.

In the same genre, I see that there are pages from the Picturesque Atlas 1886 here to read in a 21st century e way, staring at a monitor.



Comments: australasian

When I read 21st Century I thought you meant the future - all futuristical and everything. And then it hit me - here we are.
Posted by ajax b at April 6, 2005 04:50 PM

yes Ajax, though perhaps peering at a monitor is (so)20th century, fin de already.
Though according to 20th c futurist pundits, 21st ought to involve embodiment of some sort?
Wearable future?
Posted by boynton at April 7, 2005 12:17 PM

No comments: