RECENT COMMENTS

Sunday, April 10, 2005

piano rolls

BLACK
IN
ING
DRESS-
THRU
ALL
I'M

I'm all thru dressing in black

For instance


Some of the words running backwards at Word Rolls for a Player Piano Gallery at the mighty Piano Player Rebirth

I learned this reading skill early at the grandparental pianola, where we six kids would shuffle thru our favourite playlist. I must look out for those titles among the hundreds on offer at an Archive of preserved piano rolls in midi form

via bifurcated rivets


Comments: piano rolls

I wish I had 20/20 foresight. I could have taken a picture of a 100% rolled gold, authentic pianola (with rolls) at a certain beachside abode last week. I'll have to keep it in mind.
Posted by Tony.T at April 11, 2005 08:09 PM

l remember standing around the pianola at my grandparent's house listening to my grandmother playing and us kids singing along.
Beautiful memories.......your story bought it all back to me.
Posted by memories. at April 11, 2005 08:18 PM

T: I see that Batch 2 features a tune you may have once sung in that abode? "It's a Grand Old Flag".
Couldn't see "Notre dame fight song" midi there...

I found one of our list there - the one my brother always chose. Amazing how it brings back memories.
Posted by boynton at April 11, 2005 09:12 PM

I remember getting so blotto one night that I played the piano with my head.

Apparently opinion remains divided to this day as to whether I was rendering a spirited jazz fusion interpretation of the 2nd variation of Bach's Goldberg Variations or just trying to play "Smoke On The Water" by ear...and missing.

I'm still reserving judgement on this issue m'self. In the meantime just call me the human pianola roll.
Posted by Nabakov at April 13, 2005 03:34 AM

What Tempo, Mr Nabakov?
Posted by boynton at April 13, 2005 01:13 PM

200 rolls GC For Sale email Brownie.
Posted by Brownie at April 18, 2005 08:44 PM

No comments: