RECENT COMMENTS

Friday, April 01, 2005

covers

Klaus describes his inspiration for the ground-breaking Revolver album cover thus: "Since the Beatles went to the US the hair became a very important part of their identity. So the hair was important and so my suggestions to the boys had mostly got to do with hair. All album covers in those days were full colour, so I suggested black and white. The public wanted to see photos of the band. So I was striving for an illustration combined with lots of little photos. In general, I tried to be as far out as the fans out there could take. It was a fine line and apart from two outrageous photos which I had to replace with something more normal the band, the manager and the record company accepted all of my ideas and let me do the cover the way I wanted."retrosellers


It is true, as MG pointed out in his comment below, the Berberian cover is certainly a cover of Revolver

There must be be others that bear the stamp of Voormann? All I could find through a quick google was this 1960s Moon Walk Era Op-Art Mod Black & White Dress

Although there was an alternative cover.


Update...


Comments: covers

There definitely must be others that bear the stamp of Voormann because he is heavily influenced by the wonderful Aubrey Beardsley who also influenced Martin Sharp and Peter Max and after them all the psychedelic artists. please put Aub's name into Images Google searchbox and be impressed. XXX hb
Posted by Brownie at April 10, 2005 03:43 PM

He also made it onto Peppers.

http://www.upv.es/~ecabrera/pepper/cover/cover.htm
(2nd row, 1st Left)
Posted by boynton at April 10, 2005 04:13 PM

oh yeah - but his killer hairstyle is not shown to it's best advantage. XXX
Posted by Brownie at April 11, 2005 11:31 AM

No comments: