RECENT COMMENTS

Saturday, January 17, 2004

tativille

When I last googled Mr Hulot I missed Tativille

In Playtime I put the dialogue in the sound.

(Playtime) is an invitation. "Look about you and you'll see there's always something funny happening. I think that Playtime is made not so much for the screen as for the eye"
Jacques Tati.



Comments: tativille

"Mon Oncle" ... a great, great fillum.

Projectionist ... show us your Tatis.
Posted by Sedgwick at January 17, 2004 05:58 PM

Playtime was such a great experience on a big screen, all the details came to life. A tad long at times, maybe, but defintely worth the effort...
Posted by beck at January 17, 2004 09:34 PM

Mr Hulots holiday- bloody classic mate. Tati was a genius.
Posted by Brett Pee at January 18, 2004 02:04 AM

I love all these films, with Playtime probably topping the list. And even though I'm envious when reading here about "at last the DVD..." (without a DVD player of course) I'd still wait to see Playtime or any Tati on the big screen.
The eye seems to need it.
It's been a few good calendars since it was on at the Astor.
Posted by boynton at January 18, 2004 05:53 PM

No comments: