RECENT COMMENTS

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

dear me

don't know if that last self-indulgent post has blown my rating in this survey
where I answered 40 percent of the questions in a manner that closely resembles the weblog author personality type described below. You probably resemble the following personality at least to a degree.
(via A Media Dragon)

Apparently the Author Model is good: Congratulations! You're worthy of having a weblog!
but the author of this essay is not overly enamoured with the genre, with categories of blogger including The Reverse Voyeur, The Exhibitionist and The Tragically Greek.

Only 40% though, so no resting on our tragic laurels and suspect there's a healthy swathe of apparent badness in my mix.

Wendy James on diaries Real lives - now and then

Nick Piombino on Blogging and Narcissism
Blogging is essentially anti-narcissistic, particularly
for writers since it brings the blogger in contact with
others, and because it has the potential to cause the
writer to feel and be more independent. Narcissism,
for writers and artists mostly has to do with a lack
of parity between fantasy and reality...



Comments: dear me

oh dear - I hope I'm not a self-important moron or an obsessive-delusional ranter. There are some pretty nasty punishments/cures suggested.
Posted by wen at January 13, 2004 06:19 PM

Can my ego survive this?
Posted by David Tiley at January 13, 2004 08:55 PM

Yes - egos can take a battering from this sort of blog-snark, especially with that that projection thing happening (akin to hyperchondria or medical-student syndrome) where one's ego identifies with *every* characteristic listed and snarked about.
Still recovering from that "flame-warriors" guide that Gummo posted months ago, and half think - now, am I being too "ego" or "loopy" in my comments today.
I just took the survey and ran, and reccommend all humble bloggers do the same. (Narcicisst bloggers won't worry too much apparently)
Posted by boynton at January 14, 2004 12:19 AM

Ego is a straaange thing here. I worry about it a lot, because my tone can get strident and lecturistical. But the truth is, our personalities are what makes the thing work, warts and all. Intellectually I know the trick is to post and trust and let the thing grow the way it wants. And I can assure you, none of the people who orbit around in loops around our general world have an ego problem.. the more we go for it, the better it gets.
But then, thats just my opinion. And the fact that I even choose to pontificate on this is clear evidence of my egomania.. loop, loop, fret, fret..
Posted by David Tiley at January 14, 2004 12:26 PM

Apparently i'm a normal person. I'm not sure whether to be scared or ambivalent.
Posted by dj at January 19, 2004 09:13 PM

Be alert but not alarmed ;)
Posted by boynton at January 20, 2004 12:07 PM

No comments: