RECENT COMMENTS

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

don't knoet

You are Anne Sexton - a sensual, wild person with a taste for adultery.  You prey on lesser talents, luring them into your bed and your poetry.  You are the Venus Fly-Trap of confes
You are Anne Sexton - a sensual, wild person with a
taste for adultery. You prey on lesser
talents, luring them into your bed and into
your poetry. You are the Venus Fly-Trap of
confessional poets.

Which Dead Poet Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

(via Never Neutral)

No don't know about the likeness, well maybe a bit around the first line. But then apparently I'm also John Keats and Sylvia Plath


Comments: don't knoet

I'm Dottie Parker. But that's who I wanted to be, so I cheated. (I'm sure Dottie would have approved.)

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/12178/dorothyparker.JPG
Posted by Sedgwick at January 20, 2004 01:13 PM

I have a few doubts about the scientific reliability of this result:

You are Arthur Rimbaud - a vital, cannon-changingpoet with a flare for tantrums. You tend towrite in a fever, and have a liking for thedisordered mind. Do't expect people tounderstand you, for you are ahead of your time.
Posted by Gummo Trotsky at January 20, 2004 01:22 PM

Drats - I was hoping to be Dottie myself, but had I known what Arthur Rimbaud returned I would have definitely tried to stack the poll thataway.
Actually that one was quite easy to outwit. (eg The Daddy bit gave Sylvia away.) But I recommend the last quiz for its superior science.
(I was either Sylvia or Carl Sandburg, and had to choose)
Posted by boynton at January 20, 2004 01:58 PM

I was Rimbaud too Gummo. At least on the first go.
Posted by dj at January 20, 2004 05:19 PM

well...to confess...I was Wordsworth on the first go of the second quiz. Went for Keats by slightly adjusting one answer, but I coodabeen a Coleridge.
Posted by boynton at January 20, 2004 05:27 PM

The second quiz gave me three to pick from, but I went with Robert Frost (so as not to create a gender crisis). The third gave me Shelley, which i suppose is partially fitting (not that that's what these things are about).
Posted by dj at January 20, 2004 05:41 PM

how can i capitalise on being e e cummings ?
Posted by Sedgwick at January 20, 2004 07:35 PM

I was Plath. But I'm soooo not. Never ever bit anyone on the cheek. Think it was the dying around kitchen utensils bit - but I didn't mean it that way....
Posted by wen at January 21, 2004 07:59 AM

dj- It would be difficult for me to realign gender on the 2nd. Apparently all Romantic poets were male.

mr s. DON'T ASK ME.

i lower my case with best of them


wen - I thought the old kitchen utensils was going to swing me in the plath direction. I must have decided to write a bitter confessional about a bastard spoon I once had.
Posted by boynton at January 21, 2004 09:46 AM

I think i meant the third one, which i did second. It came up with Maya Angelou and Dorothy Parker as well as Frost.
Posted by dj at January 21, 2004 10:04 AM

No comments: