RECENT COMMENTS

Friday, January 23, 2004

dog haiku

Someone called her Flo
I am taking out the L
I will call a truce


boynton was inspired to pen a quick haiku to youknowwho after reading this crop (via Making light)

and on a dog theme, I saw these beautiful dog tags last week on fishbucket.
There are several reasons that motivate me to make my special one-of-a-kind creations. One being the idea of giving. Giving is loving. As an artisan, I throw myself into each piece.
Also, I love dogs and adorning a beloved pet is, I think, a wonderful thing to do


Max or Spot (or Doug for that matter) might be one thing, but it would be more challenging to inscribe a name like Sir Theodore Stormy Day, Tarmack Von Bruno or Seabreeze Seclusion which are some of the more unusual dog names listed here. (see Dog name results)


Comments: dog haiku

Those tags are funky.
Posted by dj at January 23, 2004 12:56 PM

That's great. And what a name for an artysan - Goodman Griese. Made up? if so, inspired by seventeenth century puritans, pilloried brilliantly by Ben Jonson as "Zeal-of-the-Land Busy". When i googled that name I found "Tribulation Wholesome" as well.. and John Littlewit, Win-the-Fight, Dame Purecraft...
Posted by David Tiley at January 23, 2004 01:01 PM

I think my fave is "spot".
Almost makes me want to go out and find a 'spot' to match.
Posted by boynton at January 23, 2004 01:02 PM

Cancel that Call.
I think the name of my next dog will have to be "Tribulation Wholesome"
Altho' "Win The Fight" might be a good name for a bluey - not that I'd be ever tempted to go down that track again.
On the other hand - a pair of litter mates named
"Win The Fight" and "Wa La Wa" might work ;)

& I'll have to follow that Ben Jonson lead myself...


Posted by boynton at January 23, 2004 01:11 PM

Run with this...
Posted by David Tiley at January 23, 2004 01:42 PM

sorry - http://www.moonzstuff.com/ncnames-tz.html
Posted by David Tiley at January 23, 2004 02:03 PM

that's an interesting site - hypertext based on names. I've been wandering around literature at the whim of a Selima or a Caledonia.
From the T list, I like the "Virtue" names myself, although there would be a certain irony (or perhaps just Hope) in bestowing such a class of name upon a non-virtuous breed of dog.
Still "Tamer" springs to mind, or even "Tensy"
Posted by boynton at January 23, 2004 10:30 PM

"This is about me!
Possums are my thing, y'know.
Hey! Get off my bed."
Posted by Flo the Bluey at January 24, 2004 01:04 AM

Sorry. Above was just me chanelling the evil one from another hemisphere. Hope she's behaving...
Posted by Nora at January 24, 2004 01:08 AM

evil one behaves
moonlight possum patrol
eye of the dingo
Posted by boynton at January 24, 2004 09:35 AM

No comments: