RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, January 05, 2004

searches

Why do people throw rice or birdseed as a newly married couple leaves the church?
One of the most popular Ask Yahoo! questions of 2003

(I thought boynton was doing pretty well with this search request showing up in the stats)

The first link is from a classic Cup of Chicha post - full of great literary reads and general links that will keep me going for a while.


Comments: searches

That is a wonderful referral, Boynton. Do you find it makes you want to write about the topic? I get people visiting my site who are trying to find out "Why dogs howl at sirens" and I often feel bad for them, knowing that my site will not have helped them whatsoever.
Posted by mcb at January 5, 2004 04:01 PM

Yes, you know I feel bad about this whole google-blog symbiosis, mcb, and would have supported the move to differentiate the non-blogging datasphere from the blogosphere, where a passing reference in a flippant post about retro canine nostalgia suudenly hits the google charts. Must waste a lot of research time.
Why do dogs howl at sirens, btw?
Posted by boynton at January 5, 2004 04:15 PM

Oh, I wish I knew. I tried to find out, but just ended up at a whole lot of irrelevant blogs...
Posted by mcb at January 5, 2004 04:57 PM

...and dog blogs at that, no doubt.

Like this one.
Posted by boynton at January 5, 2004 05:01 PM

What about "paul haselby"? Dunno if he's got a dog.
Posted by Tony.T at January 5, 2004 06:21 PM

think I saw him out walking his black staffy cross round here recently.
Posted by boynton at January 5, 2004 06:23 PM

Oh, great fountess of all knowledge tell me, tell me do.

What would they have thrown at the Britney Spears-Jason Alexander wedding?


"Why do dogs howl at sirens, btw?"
Only Odysseus knows and the master (another fully intended excruciating pun for which I remain recalcitrantly unapologetic) is not spillin' d beans.
Posted by Sedgwick at January 5, 2004 06:32 PM

Well, Mr S, I asked Google...

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=What+would+they+have+thrown+at+the+Britney+Spears-Jason+Alexander+wedding%3F&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=

Rocks?

Didn't ask Yahoo but if you were to ask Miss b I think she'd say something along the lines of...
Javelins

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cl135/Students/Kristina_Angus/images/javelin.gif
Posted by boynton at January 5, 2004 07:28 PM

All I get is people wanting to know about coffee. They come from Japan, Turkey, the US army in Iraq, the Czech Republic.. flitting past like passengers in an express train, their faces barely glimpsed as I wait on the platform..

in the educational spirit my googling readers are demanding of me, I presume the dog hears the siren as the authentic voice of the Great Hound from Hell Which Must Be Obeyed. Fortunately we have never accidentally programmed them to say something in dogspeak like: Rise Up and Seize Every Fridge You Can Find.
Posted by David Tiley at January 6, 2004 12:34 AM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was on google trying to figure out why dogs howl and this blog poped up. So after finding this web site I thought I would share it with you since you seem to also be in need of some info on the topic.
http://www.pets.ca/pettips/tips-36.htm

boynton said...

Thanks.