RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, August 25, 2005

show of spring

Well it felt like spring today anyway, even if it's a week or so away.

After this bitter Melbourne winter, Spring works


Comments: show of spring

yeah - I got little buds busting out all over in the garden misty wet with rain. (obscure Van ref.)
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at August 25, 2005 09:12 PM

I'm as jumpy as puppet on a string
but I should never think of spring,
For that would surely break my string in two...
Because it's August...August August August
Posted by boynton at August 25, 2005 09:29 PM

- sorry, the sniff of spring's gone to my head I think ;)

It feels like years since it's been here
Posted by boynton at August 25, 2005 09:37 PM

Its a long long way from June to September.
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at August 26, 2005 12:02 AM

that is a *very* far from obscure Van ref, FXH.
Posted by laura at August 26, 2005 12:36 PM

ok laura you are right. I was assuming the boynton family was not a bunch of vanatics but just the fan variety from moondance, gloria, bright side of road etc. mea culpa.
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at August 28, 2005 03:04 PM

Can't speak for my sibs, but me - I'm so unhip I thought you meant some sort of Teardrop or Teapot in The Garden.
http://www.teapottery.co.uk/Mid-Size_Teapots_4/Caravan_Teapot_42.htm
Posted by boynton at August 28, 2005 03:26 PM

btw - FX - a supreme day for Drying washing today, ay...
Posted by boynton at August 28, 2005 03:29 PM

too right missus. i've done all the sheets, towels and other stuff. filled the hills hoist 3 times. also did a bit of gardening in the sunshine. sat and had a beer and a cigarette while i listened to terry lane at midday. changed cats litter. washed the floors. polished the wooden floors. listening to hank williams of course after the Lost Highway doco last night. then watched that marvellous doco on the abc at 4pm. Damn Right I'm Cowboy - about the Hillbilly Hoot Show on Monday nights at 3D FM Adelaide. http://www.drivingpollyhome.com/rblog/robinfoindex5.html#driacbit
then the fat orange cat spewed all over about 6 feet of my clean floor whilst pretending to run out the door.
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at August 28, 2005 07:36 PM

Yes I have a hankering for Hank now too...
Did 2 loads of washing myself, then had a very pleasant (dog-less for once)walk around the river with maginficent wattles in full bloom. Beautiful.

Oh and re Orange cat - that's the Murphy's Law of pet ownership isn't it?...
Back to "Broadway"... (as I hear Begin the Beguine...)
Posted by boynton at August 28, 2005 07:55 PM

If it's Van, we must be talking about a Celtic spring ... won't you come and go.
Posted by cs at August 28, 2005 10:47 PM

Gotta get through August

Spring in my heart
Posted by boynton at August 28, 2005 11:54 PM

No comments: