RECENT COMMENTS

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

domestic

I bought a copy of Ogden Nash's Versus for a dollar with critical notes...



poem


Comments: domestic

Finding more Nash
Is always nicesh

And I'm sure Ogden
would appreciate
more attention from blogdem

However the ink in the pen
On page one sixty three
Has come to an end
Before it made sense to me

It may have been dandy
To test your biro on
Something so handy

But it's much more quick
To ask for a hand
If you're testing your Bic
Posted by Nabakov at August 17, 2005 10:21 PM

Oh, just thought of this one too.

It"s true that Odgen Nash is longer in fash
But who else would you save from the trash?


OK, I'll go to sleep now.
Posted by Nabakov at August 18, 2005 12:26 AM

Was it the word girdle that made the mood curdle perhaps?
as submissive mrs corsetry snaps?

I thought there was a touch of Betty Freidan
In the freehand mystique
More than just a messy Bic.
A longbow retro rorschach view
A sign of a blue
But the biro spiralling downward as it did
I think it was a kid
Bananas to mash.
A toddler monsters Nash
Posted by boynton at August 18, 2005 12:41 PM

A notepad here I do not see,
But here's an old anthology,
Now tell me please, why it is you called,
Oh damn - this biro doesn't work at all!
Posted by Gummo Trotsky at August 18, 2005 03:14 PM

Scrawl Called...
I wrote it in the Nash
I drew most of the details
and then pressed hash.
Posted by boynton at August 18, 2005 03:45 PM

Thank you gang for the amusement. My view is with boynton - mrs corsetry, not having one of her own, snapped when she read of those helpful girdle-gripping hubbies . . .
Posted by Crystal Ballroom at August 19, 2005 10:48 AM

An interesting variation, CB, ...
I thought Mrs was just having a bad day and saw Red when she read the word "Perfect" (sic). The rest is Bic.
(But I think the Toddler theory has legs)

All is whimsy though, and no offence to Ogden. Read some Versus last night, very nice.
I read this one as two dogs slept.
http://www.poemhunter.com/p/m/poem.asp?poet=6637&poem=32956
Posted by boynton at August 19, 2005 11:54 AM

Have you a perfect husband Boynton?
Posted by at August 19, 2005 06:39 PM

Ummm...I answered the first time you asked.
Posted by boynton at August 20, 2005 01:52 PM

Oedipal toddler does not like the idea of papa touching his Dearest mama. "ba, ba, ba, I will scribble on you Daddy!"

I've been away too long, I forgot to click on the timestamp to get into the commenting sanctum....
Posted by laura at August 20, 2005 11:53 PM

You do not do, you do not do
Any more, bic blue...

(sure there's a mash of nath and plash in there somewhere anyway...)

Yes I still hear tales about the impassability of commenting and wonder whether I should upgrade the
instructions. May seem a tad desperate though ;)
Posted by boynton at August 21, 2005 12:13 AM

l didn't see your reply !
Posted by at August 21, 2005 06:04 PM

but who really cares!!
Posted by at August 21, 2005 07:56 PM

Tony - I deleted your poetic comment, but will keep it up my sleeve, so to speak.
Posted by boynton at August 22, 2005 02:03 PM

"l didn't see your reply!"
"but who really cares!!"
That was a feeble try
A disgrace to mug lairs

(What was Tony's thing? Do share.)

I kinda hope anon returns and then discovers this apparently polite and civilised site is also where some of the Aus blogosphere's bigger cats and badder dogs come for a romp.

This is your first and last warning growl anon.
Posted by Nabakov at August 23, 2005 08:16 PM

I guess blog dogs and cats are good anonymousers
Posted by boynton at August 23, 2005 11:30 PM

What are you going to do to me Nabakov?

l have every right to comment.

And yes l do like this site but we can't always be happy all the time with comments posted.
Posted by at August 25, 2005 08:56 AM

I'd rather not answer personal questions on this blog, anon.
Posted by boynton at August 25, 2005 11:40 AM

you don't have to ........nothing personal
Posted by at August 25, 2005 01:32 PM

"l have every right to comment."

But nothing to say and no name to say it with. You're not even a stalker's nappies.
Posted by Nabakov at August 25, 2005 07:17 PM

l'm no stalker !!

Just a person reading blogs and making comments.

There is a difference.

lf l have worried you Boynton....no need to be,
just another opinionated( hope its spelt right )
person.
Posted by at August 26, 2005 10:14 AM

But you haven't even expressed any opinions. Just the online equivalent of a toddler's squeak for attention.

Get a life, or failing that at least a net de plume before some here start amusing themselves by making up ones for you.
Posted by Nabakov at August 26, 2005 03:24 PM

Now who's being personal Nabakov?

lt sounds like you are having a tantrum yourself.
On the subject of attention isn't that why bloggers have blogs.
Posted by at August 26, 2005 06:48 PM

Oh and by the way.........YES l do have a life!!
A pretty good one at that !!!!!!
Posted by at August 26, 2005 06:49 PM

I hope that this blog - being primarily of the link-blog genre, draws attention to others rather than myself.
Posted by boynton at August 26, 2005 07:45 PM

blah blah blah

bye
Posted by at August 26, 2005 07:58 PM

Ah well then.

Nabs
was
right
all along.

Cheerio.
Posted by boynton at August 26, 2005 08:50 PM

Yep. Comment deleted.
Language issues.
Posted by boynton at August 26, 2005 09:26 PM

is this better uck you
Posted by at August 26, 2005 09:28 PM

l'll call a truce .
Posted by at August 26, 2005 09:33 PM

No comments: