RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, November 06, 2003

whole brain

Dictionaraoke
"Audio clips from online dictionaries sing the hits of yesterday and today. The fun of karaoke meets the word power of the diction"
(via ultimate insult)

Karaoke dictionary
glossary of terms for k fiends
(and we'd been thinking Bohemia Nervosa was a synonym for boynton)

What has happened recently feline?
By: Thomas Johnson is one example in Song Title Thesaurusizing (via J walk)

Given the link between memory and song, 'songs promote whole brain learning' boynton did a quick search for other examples of the karaoke scholastic genre, hoping to find the sing-a-long Complete works of Shakespeare or an EZ Pi jingle to join Tom Lehrer's The Elements

No whole brain Milton or Chaucer or list of Melbourne Cup Winners yet to belt out in the lounge, but there is the Volcano song from Sing-along Science to investigate


Comments: whole brain

I like the song thesaurusizing. Similarly amusing effects (I first read about this game in Galactic Pot Healer by Phillip K Dick) can be obtained with minimal effort by serial computer translation of song-titles and lyrics. This is the result of a Google English-German-French-English sequence:

"love us raise yourself, where we,
where the eagles cry,
belong on a mountain, the loves high raise,
where we belong far the world we know in top,
where the free crane roasts"
Posted by Gummo Trotsky at November 6, 2003 02:46 PM

running with the devil, according to the thesuruausuusied thingummy is

"Accompanied by the supreme spirit of evil and unrighteousness in both the Jewish and Christian theology, while moving at a fast bounding gait during which both feet are off the ground simultaneously in the course of each step..."

o yes.

what a find.
Posted by David Tiley at November 6, 2003 02:54 PM

cheers, Gummo - played the game with 2 fab four hits:

It is been the night hard day and has me as a dog worked which it is been the night hard day, me as a dog to sleep would have...

Of Hey do not form Jewish, bad to take Song and sad remember to better leave leave it then you them in your heart, which you can begin for better forming it him

and then a song from Paint Your Wagon

I speak with the trees, but they do not hear on me that I speak with stars, but they never hear that I do not have the Breeze time to stop me and that to hear, which I say myself, with them all in futile speech it.

may try again with a Spanish Italian variation.

(nothing quite beats 'where the free crane roasts' yet.)
Posted by boynton at November 6, 2003 11:17 PM

Here's one from the late seventies:

on us Wiley windig returns would roll
and to fall green into firmly.
They had reheated like my jealousy:
Too much warmly, too gierig.
How could you leave me, when I were to have you?
I hated you. I also loved you.
Posted by Gummo Trotsky at November 7, 2003 02:32 PM

I think I prefer the results of the EFGE sequence:

usserhalb on wiley windy us makes
firmly roll and fall in green.
They have had to soak as my jealousy:
Hotter, too more greedily too much.
How could you leave me when I had to possess itself? I abhorred you. I liked you therefore.
Posted by Gummo Trotsky at November 7, 2003 02:36 PM

No comments: