RECENT COMMENTS

Saturday, November 29, 2003

verses

Kenneth Koch's Permanently at fait accompli

fast version of fox in sox (via sarcasmo)



Comments: verses

Hey... someone else posts on a Saturday. It can be the best time..
Posted by David at November 29, 2003 03:04 PM

I agree - and also for reading.
especially when it's very warm to hot outside...
Posted by boynton at November 29, 2003 05:45 PM

After having been to Moonee Valley today, I now realise I should have stayed home posting this afternoon.

Well, it wasn't a complete loss. Wine and food courtesy of the MVRC Committee.

If only Smokey Ireland had hung on for 2nd.
Posted by Sedgwick at November 29, 2003 06:37 PM

Just to satisfy my curiosity, have you ventured to a cinema near you to see "Sea Biscuit"?

Taking a lead from David (in particular ... a "5" no less) and Margaret's effusive praise, we went to see "Mystic River".

Mmmmm, maybe a "3". Back to a "4" if it doesn't matter if you picked "whodunnit" half way through. Back to a "3" for not taking advantage of easy discovery of the "whodunnit" to make the film even more wrenching. Back up to a "4" if you explain to Sean Penn that "less is more".

Then again, that's why I do cartoons and not fillums.

And I still get a bit watery of eye whenever I see "Shane" which, and I proffer this just because you asked, was the first film I remember seeing. Later there were many, many films that I don't remember seeing.

(Usually at midday matinees where I was fully pre-occupied with the arcane engineering that is a bra hook and eye.)
Posted by Sedgwick at November 29, 2003 07:17 PM

... and if only Smokey Ireland had hung on for 2nd.
Posted by Sedgwick at November 29, 2003 07:30 PM

That trifecta of warm weather, Moonee Valley and free vino would have proved a dangerous one for me I imagine, and I would have been in no fit state to post. Pissed past the post. I had to wait until well into the late BBQ hour last night before imbibing a glass of free fizz.
Haven't seen Seabiscuit yet - but notice it's playing at an obscure suburban cinema I favour so soon will. And maybe Mystic River - with its wavering rating.
Yes - so many films I don't remember seeing from my youth with engineers- when I was the fumblee. Happy days.
Posted by boynton at November 30, 2003 01:06 PM

No comments: