RECENT COMMENTS

Friday, November 14, 2003

warming

Currently 27 ° Forecast top 32 °



Miss Lillian Louisa Pitts on a cliff edge. There is a cave behind her. She is reading a copy of "The Bulletin" Point Lonsdale 1914
Image from Museum Victoria Collection - The Biggest Family Album



Comments: warming

the hat... the hat.. whats with the hat?

the shoes are interesting too..
Posted by David at November 14, 2003 03:37 PM

The shoes are casually sensible.

But I love Miss Pitts' hat.

Were it not for the petit point I might conclude it was fashioned with a spare Bulletin in the espicopal style.

http://celebrate.faithweb.com/thanx/bishop.htm
Posted by boynton at November 14, 2003 03:59 PM

Thanks for the instructions, B. Something to wear on my next visit to the beach.
Posted by wen at November 14, 2003 08:23 PM

She's sleeping not reading.
Posted by Scott Wickstein at November 15, 2003 05:00 PM

Is this a Dunlop Volley which I see before me,

The air-cushioned heel toward my hand?

Come, let me clutch thee.

I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.

Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible

To feeling as to sight? or art thou but

A Volley of the mind, a false creation,

Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain?

I see thee yet, in form as palpable

As this which now I draw.

Thou marshall'st me the way that I was going;

And such an icon I was to use.
Posted by Sedgwick at November 15, 2003 08:20 PM

The raven himself is hoarse
That croaks the fatal entrance of Dunlop
Under my battlements. Come, you spirits
That tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here,
And fill me from the crown to the toe top-full
Of sensible haberdashery.


and Scott - the left hand just looks too rigid to be resting? Miss Pitts is on the verge of sleep?
The Bulletin and the Sun will do that to you.
Posted by boynton at November 15, 2003 11:00 PM

No comments: