RECENT COMMENTS

Friday, October 10, 2003

reverend

Chances are this man just has to be some relation?

found almost by chance at Photographs from the Chicago Daily news via penny dreadful


Comments: reverend

Melbourne.P.Boynton?!? Brilliant. Does he advocate the use of Ribena?
Posted by Tony.T at October 12, 2003 07:41 PM

No - I imagine Ribena would be far too potent for sacramental purposes, especially if it sparkles.
Posted by boynton at October 12, 2003 11:38 PM

Then what did he use to wash down the unleavened bread and little boys?
Posted by Tony.T at October 13, 2003 12:47 AM

hope like boynton, Rev Melb P is a vegetarian, and would decline cocktail franks served at social gatherings. At such events I imagine boyntons would piously imbibe the house lemonade.
Posted by boynton at October 13, 2003 01:07 AM

That is most eerie, indeed. Sort of frightening, actually. Perhaps I should make an attempt at finding his grave.
Posted by .es at October 13, 2003 01:53 PM

It's a fact that on a warm day like today, lemon aides pious and abstinent teeteetallers to keep their temperance. I might apply for some this afternoon.
Posted by Tony.T at October 13, 2003 02:08 PM

Yes it was a bit eerie.
& (thanks to your linkage) I found his cottage actually - more anon...
Posted by boynton at October 13, 2003 02:09 PM

and yes, Tony, I think it's certainly a fact that lemon aides the mind. Although I'm mindful of the bubbles myself.
Posted by boynton at October 13, 2003 02:16 PM

No comments: