RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, October 23, 2003

nice blog

Yes we got hit with the dreaded comment spam. When she read of this elsewhere, boynton had imagined it would involve certain snake oil products and not your everyday complimentary one liners (that would always work for boynton). So this has involved deleting 150 oily smiley lines from the archives. boynton deeply regrets she didn't leave the nice blog comment from the flattery post both as historic record and x-treme irony sample, but at 1.30 am she was a bit too free and easy with the delete key.
In other news boynton is still cringing from typo fever that struck on the very day Nick Piombino kindly directed many poets and wordsmiths our way. Although she did do a quick check of chekhov, she did manage to let one check slip through. One bad checkhov is all it takes for cred to bounce.
And some readers may have noticed I've been slipping into the first person here and there since boynton celebrated her first anniversary. At the moment there's an uneasy mix of pronouns as we ease into rehabilitation. Stand by.


Comments: nice blog

"Check of Chekhov" Working beautifully, B. Check.

"I cannot tell a lie. I did not write The Cherry Orchard" Check.

Good post. Check.

Out.
Posted by Tony.T at October 23, 2003 02:16 PM

So comment spam is still getting through even though Scott installed that spam-killing patch? Maybe you should let him know if you haven't already. I can also give you the list of blocked spammer IPs I've collected, which I suspect has been useful in preventing spammers hitting my comments (thus far I've only had one).
Posted by James Russell at October 23, 2003 02:27 PM

T - cheers mate.

James: I emailed Mr W as soon as I got home and discovered the smiley horror. Alas - Scott had only just removed the patch due to its slowing-down side effect. Apparently he has been working on restoring a faster model? And thanks - I guess the list would be useful if there is no uber blocker?
nb I had thought that due to the sad lack of salacious lingo and content over here I'd be spared the spammers.
how effing wrong can you be ;)


Posted by boynton at October 23, 2003 02:42 PM

Effing Check!
Posted by Tony.T at October 23, 2003 03:41 PM

No comments: