RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, October 27, 2003

miss bean

"I am fully conscious that in essaying to measure lances on this subject with the veteran librarians of this Association, I am in imminent danger of being worsted, yet my convictions are so strong that they force me to enter the lists..." . Miss M. A. Bean, Librarian Of Brookline (Mass.) Public Library.
The Evil Of Unlimited Freedom In The Use Of Juvenile Fiction

from 19th Century Girls' series - a page "devoted to bio-bibliographies and commentary about some 19th-century authors of series books for girls and younger children as well as samples of some of their fiction" (via bifurcated rivets)

I wonder what Miss Bean's take on Barbie The Opera would have been.
(composer Jennifer Walshe) researched the opera by talking to girls about how they really played with their Barbies, uncovering a dark vein of Barbie abuse that would horrify her creators at Mattel.
(via Follow Me here)

Meanwhile Miss B's life has come in with the fairly modest rating:


Miss b's life is rated PG-13.
What is your life rated?

(via palnatoke)


Comments: miss bean

I'm Not Recommended for Children Under 17. Which is a bit of a worry, given I'm expecting one...
Posted by Gianna at October 27, 2003 05:09 PM

On the contrary, G, I think anything less seems a bit morally dubious today. I'm rather embarassed to have scored so ... poorly?
Perhaps I lied.
Posted by boynton at October 27, 2003 05:17 PM

I was 13 too. I didn't lie.
Posted by wen at October 27, 2003 09:11 PM

NC-17. Is that like out R? Hope not, I'm a good boy.
Posted by Tony.T at October 27, 2003 11:04 PM

"our". Me fool.
Posted by Tony.T at October 27, 2003 11:05 PM

Yes, it is like our R apparently , but it sounds worse doesn't it - like a toxic compound used in soft drink or weedkiller.
and btw I thought you were NC-17 24/7 TT?
Posted by boynton at October 27, 2003 11:28 PM

I got an R rating as well. Best avoid the likes of me.
Posted by Scott Wickstein at October 28, 2003 02:11 AM

No comments: