RECENT COMMENTS

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

peek

further to looking...

Who is Mrs Peek?

(Women in British WW2 advertising via things)

see also: I want to be a sports mistress
She wanted a new bicycle
Mary was tired of the grizzle-grumble-groans of her machine- the way its brakes failed to act, etc.


Comments: peek

Mrs Peek's a freak!
AND as for Joan "I want to be a sports mistress" - well - she only got the job by sending her mother in to the interview (see second last frame)to impersonate her or was it always Joan's mother and Joan was just a distraction? AND why was her Mum ("I'll just wait in the hall") at the interview anyway?
Posted by Nora at October 8, 2003 06:00 PM

Gosh, Boynton - if only I had enough coupons. Afraid I'll just have to resign.
Posted by wen at October 8, 2003 07:50 PM

yes I think that Mrs X had better watch her back, especially given Mr X's libidinous stomach... May not be long before "Mrs Peek is looking after your dinner" becomes a curse.


And Nora - that is quite a find re Joan's mysterious switch to mother mode in crucial job interview frame. .
"I want to be a sports mistress, but I made certain life decisions that impeded this choice, so I want my daughter to be a sports mistress."

Or if it was actually Joan's mother all along impersonating Joan it makes it rather fascinating ground...
Never trust that line: "I'll just be waiting in the hall"...Chameleon alert.
Posted by boynton at October 9, 2003 01:10 PM

No comments: