RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, May 12, 2005

rockin'

pop mechanics party

Got a bit lucky bookwise at the Mt Thomas op-shops. This is a detail from a volume of the Popular Mechanics DIY encyclopedia. The text says:
DOWNSTAIRS, the kids are really rockin' the joint, but upstairs Mom and Dad are quietly reading.

Makes me want to assemble a DIY party. Don't know if I'd be rockin' or readin'.



Comments: rockin'

My first instinct is to grab that handy (but no doubt unregistered) firearm and shoot the kid who's twisting with the gal, as she haplessly attempts a Scottish reel.
Posted by Norabone at May 12, 2005 05:56 PM

Hmm - but is the fire-arm a fixture or is the young man handily armed himself? (In a non-mae west manner of speaking)

Anyway - you'd have a witness.

I think he's nice in a Burt Ward way.
Posted by boynton at May 12, 2005 08:24 PM

the year must be 1963, and I hope you young people have sympathy for we Baby Boomers being teenage in this repressed era.' mini-skirts and long hair' came soon after, and terrorised those parents 'reading' upstairs.
Posted by Brownie at May 12, 2005 08:51 PM

and a dear has crashed through the wall to join in. still no gravatars miss b?
Posted by flute at May 12, 2005 10:33 PM

Just checked and it's 1968.
Maybe it took 5 years for the twist to reach this neck of the woods?
In the full photo there is a girl with a hair-style one of my older sisters wore. I'm actually a kid sister of the late-boomers, so can just recall this era, enough to suffer nostalgia for it.

On the other side of the room there is a guitar on the wall. That's hip. I would like to be twistin at that party.

Flute - Indeed. Young buck crashes joint while parents quietly read!

Still holding out on the Gravatar.
Although I seem to have an unofficial one: that
dreaded winking emoticon that Haloscan does when you type in ;)
As you may know, the wink is almost compulsive for me, and I always forget about the yellow smiley until I hit submit.
(So now I have to ;] square the smile to avoid it.)
Posted by boynton at May 13, 2005 12:22 AM

have i told you lately that i knew the bride when she used to rock 'n' roll?
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at May 13, 2005 08:16 PM

Well, it's a marvellous night for a quiet read.
Posted by boynton at May 14, 2005 11:12 AM

No comments: