RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, May 30, 2005

awful truth

Time's all time 100 best movies has a few I like (via snarkout)


Comments: awful truth

No Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid :(
LOTR wasn't nowhere near *that* good, anyway.
Posted by Kent at May 30, 2005 03:53 PM

"Mon oncle d'Amérique" mais no "Mon Oncle"...

And "Purple Rose of Cairo" but no "Zelig"...

still at least "Meet me in Casablanca, Doctor" is there


Posted by boynton at May 30, 2005 04:04 PM

As these lists go I thought it was actually pretty good. I am bored to death by these things usually and I don't even find them fun to argue with any more (and they're not normally good for much else), but the Time list was OK.
Posted by James Russell at May 30, 2005 11:02 PM

Oh well, good blog filler ;)
but I tought that the list was Ok - and the links are good, albeit frustrating when you hit the subscription wall at the Archive.
Posted by boynton at May 30, 2005 11:40 PM

Probably the best one of these lists I've seen for some time. I don't know if I agree with Barry Lyndon being there. I would have replaced it with A Clockwork Orange.
Posted by Russell Allen at May 31, 2005 01:05 AM

"Way to many old movies on the list."

http://www.time.com/time/2005/100movies/0,23220,talk_back,00.html
Posted by boynton at May 31, 2005 12:38 PM

have only seen 24 of those. agree with Sergio Leone and with Robert Towne's Chinatown. no Battleship Potemkin? No Tender Mercies? my definition of 'good film' has to have 'audience involvement' through 'excellence of screenplay', as well as 'visual sweep'.

our mate Martin Pike has new blog http://www.mpike.net/guernica/
Posted by Brownie at June 1, 2005 07:42 PM

As does Mr. Russell, I note.
Posted by Kent at June 2, 2005 04:25 AM

No comments: