RECENT COMMENTS

Sunday, May 29, 2005

autumn notes

I was lucky to catch the re-run of Live in The basement last week, featuring Mary Coughlan and including A Leaf From a Tree which took me back to other places.

I had leaves in my head already, or leaf and grief, partly due to FXH's posting about Van which made me dig out my Irish Heartbeat and Raglan Road, (and I said let grief be a falling leaf) and partly because you look out the window in autumn and watch the show. And last week in the late afternoon I was indeed struck by the sight of a leaf on the liquidamber that was dazzling pure red.

at Mark Nevin, some notes on A leaf from a tree
Mudcat analysis of Raglan Road


Comments: autumn notes

UNCERTAIN PLEASURES by Mary is perhaps one of my most played albums. "Leaf from a Tree" is on it.
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at May 31, 2005 10:44 AM

I have it on cassette ;)
(but also on best of CD)
Bought it on the recommendation of "The Planet" probably, and loved it. Love her voice.
Favourite is "Sentimental Killers" - but also "Love For Sale" - which was certainly one of my most played CD's a few years ago.
Wish I had gone to 'the Corner' last year...
Posted by boynton at May 31, 2005 12:42 PM

No comments: