RECENT COMMENTS

Friday, May 13, 2005

old cars

Found that last link by googling.au renault 10 as you do.

I was looking for pictures of cars once driven by siblings, to go with this Hillman Imp page (via I like)

But is this the way memory works?


Comments: old cars

The ad for the Hillman Imp reminds me of an old (bad joke) that was popular when I was in elementarty school.

Two ladies in their volkswagen beetles.

A lady is driving her volkswagen and it it stops. She gets out and opens the hood (bonnet).

Another lady in a volkswagen sees her and stops to help.

2nd lady: Whats wrong?

1st lady: My car stopped, and when I looked I found the motor is gone.

2nd lady: Thats okay, I have a spare one in my trunk (boot)
Posted by bill at May 16, 2005 04:50 AM

Yes, that's a great match!
(I thought there was a lawnmower in the trunk?)

The second illustration remind me of my own family (younger half) and our VW Beetle. The three of us would sometimes travel in the "well"? the space behind the back seat (from where the Imp woman is drawing the Trunk) to make space for the older sibs and labradors I guess. It's possible that my brother dressed like that.
Posted by boynton at May 16, 2005 11:57 AM

No comments: