RECENT COMMENTS

Sunday, December 07, 2003

toys

Archive of OntarioThe toys of our childhood (via wood s lot)

I like the truth in this letter on the 1960's page:

"Dear Santa
My name is Joanne. I have been half good and half bad.
"

guess that may be the best we can ever hope for.


Comments: toys

Dear Santa,

I am sorry I haven't written to you lately but I no longer have any private life. I have been taken over by blogging. A certain other blogger said "blogging forces you to focus when you write—blogging creates reader-centered writing" which is not happening in my house.

Can you please send me two presents? I want a concentration gadget I can put on my head so I don't rant inanely any more. And a small domestic sized time machine so I can blog AND earn money.

You might also think of something else that could help a lot of other people too - a kind of fairy dust we can spread around a room so that when we say: "Sorry, I haven't finished that because I was too busy compulsively blogging", the dustbreather will just say: "Wow, isn't that fantastic, you are building the civilisation of tomorrow". Rather than "I always knew you were a loser and don't expect another shonky short term contract from me..ever.."

Is this too much to ask?
Posted by David at December 7, 2003 07:32 PM

I wouldn't know what to do with jam dish no 48 - but I have tried to be a good girl, too.
Posted by wen at December 8, 2003 06:52 AM

Dear Santa,
My name is not Joanne but I have been half good, half bad, half fair to middling, half a pound of tuppenny rice and half a pound of treacle.

(As you can see from my ace arithametrics I am doing work experience in the Treasury. My eighth year in the job, and I'm quicker than all of the other kids at the bead frame.)

What I want for Christmas is world peace, the end of poverty, a cure for canc... Sorry, Santa that was my acceptance speech at the Miss World Contest.

What I really want is a go at the BIG job. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting but the old codger what's doing the job I want won't let me have a go. He said I could have a go when he got really old. Well, he's rooly old now but he won't let me have a go still.

And I have been rooly good to him too. I've fetched his slippers, ironed his cardies and collect his big print books from the library every day.

So if you could do something about that for me this Christmas I'd be rooly good forever and ever.

Your bestest friend and true-believer, Peter, aged 13¾.

P.S. If you get a letter from that Mark from across the road arksing for you to give him the same presents I want don't take any notice of it. He's been rooly naughty lots of times and he's already got lots of hobby horses. Anyway he's just a Johnny-come-lately. (Not that other one, that bluddy Johnny-been-there-forever.)

P.P.S. I have left you some biscuits and a glass of Horlicks on the mantlepiece for you and if you look under the aspidistra you might find a few other $urpri$e$ for you in the big brown paper bags. ;0)

Posted by Sedgwick at December 8, 2003 01:09 PM

Santa: P.P.P.S Don't believe that wen girl about trying to be good. She's a tart.
Posted by Sedgwick at December 8, 2003 01:11 PM

thedge I am laughing so much I got spit on my cardie.
Posted by David at December 8, 2003 01:56 PM

No comments: