RECENT COMMENTS

Sunday, December 07, 2003

screenplay

boynton just put boynton through this web screenplay generator at astonishing tales. (via J Walk) The scary thing is how closely it mirrors boynton's own life and social skills.

INT. A COCKTAIL PARTY
JULIA ROBERTS and BOYNTON.UBERSPORTINGPUNDIT.COM are enjoying themselves at a cocktail party. JULIA ROBERTS is talking to a handsome man while BOYNTON.UBERSPORTINGPUNDIT.COM is also making small talk with a member of the opposite sex.

BOYNTON.UBERSPORTINGPUNDIT.COM
As I blinked at my stats I think I caught a glimpse of an ad that said colon polyps.

MEMBER OF THE OPPOSITE SEX
Hahahahahahaha!! Oh, how frightfully witty. Shame on you, JULIA ROBERTS for not introducing me to BOYNTON.UBERSPORTINGPUNDIT.COM

which is why you would often find me in the kitchen at parties.
Alas, I doubt whether many members of the opposite sex would find miss b's metablogging observations that amusing at a cocktail party, although I guess you could read a fair bit of sarcasm into his over-hah response. This guy is obviously taking the piss, or seizing the cocktails.

And given the way that blogging rapidly colonises thought, it isn't too absurd to imagine that were boyton called upon to give a wedding speech, she would use the occasion to talk blog to a captive and boozed up audience:


BOYNTON.UBERSPORTINGPUNDIT.COM is making a wedding toast.

BOYNTON.UBERSPORTINGPUNDIT.COM
But thirdly, and most importantly, blogging forces you to focus when you write—blogging creates reader-centered writing.

WEDDING GUESTS
Hear, hear.

(I think miss b pinched that line, and has yet to work out how to seamlessly incorporate a link into RL performance.)



Comments: screenplay

Don't think incorporating that sentence will be too much of a problem - eventually an appropriate occasion will arise - you may just have to wait (as I typed that 'to wait' phrase I actually said it in RL to an impatient little person!) After all - you got to use the 'now then, be spry' line (I'm still waiting...everyone here's fairly spry, it seems)
Posted by wen at December 8, 2003 06:58 AM

saying it is one thing, wen, but how to turn a nice shade of #0099CC (haloScan) blue at the same time is the tricky bit ;)
Posted by boynton at December 8, 2003 01:03 PM

D'you know - I think it might be that very same iridescent shade of blue that the highly appealing mountain bluebird sports around his collar....
Posted by wen at December 8, 2003 03:05 PM

had a feeling that comment would come back to haunt me ;)
Posted by boynton at December 8, 2003 03:20 PM

No comments: