RECENT COMMENTS

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

gender genie

boynton ran some posts through this gender genie and found out she was in fact female. (via Anil's links)


Comments: gender genie

I tried it with a post of mine that had some large quotes from another man. Gender Genie decided we were both female.
Posted by James Russell at August 20, 2003 04:40 PM

well I should confess that it was the link-less "writing" posts that were female.
a couple of the short link-heavy posts were deemed male. Guess they may have some tweaking to do?
Posted by boynton at August 20, 2003 04:46 PM

always a relief to have it confirmed.
I'm off to check too.
Posted by mcb at August 20, 2003 05:07 PM

Well, I'm a bloke.
It's my muscular prose I guess.

wenceslas
Posted by wen at August 20, 2003 08:27 PM

Seems to think I'm of the fairer persuasion. Thank goodness for that!
Posted by .es at August 21, 2003 11:27 AM

Yes indeed .es.
Still with 42% accuracy, the gender genie needs a bit of radium methinks.

I just ran my first comment through it.
"The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: Male!"
What is male about it? I was once told by a dramturg not to begin sentences with "well" - and I suspected this was because it was, as wen (wences-lass?) might say, non-muscular.


Posted by boynton at August 21, 2003 11:40 AM

You just brought to my attention a new bit about this which I enjoy: The excitement with which it presents itself. "Male!" "Female!" Yes, very good little Genie-Friend!
Posted by at August 21, 2003 01:58 PM

That was me, sorry.
Posted by .es at August 21, 2003 01:59 PM

I noticed that ! .es. Maybe that is the key to the magic.
I submitted both your comments to the GG and he declared them to be ... Female!
and he thinks this last passage is... Male!

a new trick: try to write a sentence for a specific outcome - and see what he thinks. My experiments have shown that every word and every stray ellipse seems to count... (Female!)
Posted by boynton at August 21, 2003 02:32 PM

No comments: