RECENT COMMENTS

Saturday, March 20, 2004

war and blogging




works for me

and in the next roll of the related searches dice, I got the combo Listen and Blogger which is a pretty good 2 word summary of the enterprise really.


Comments: war and blogging

Good old Leo. Thankfully he stopped when I was ahead ... just!

http://www.titansfan098.com/uploader/tolstoy.JPG

BTW this is a quick and dirty way to get a pic uploaded and displayed in circumstances like this - http://www.titansfan098.com/uploader/ - if you aren't requiring archival longevity - i.e. should the host site goes belly up, which these places do regularly.

I use it (and similar ones) for emailing, just send a link rather than clogging up people's inboxes with graphics attachments.

Community announcement over ...
Posted by Sedgwick at March 20, 2004 04:29 PM

heh heh...
If Pepys can blog, why can't Leo I wonder?

And that's a great tip there, Sedge. I may even upload my emphemera to there rather than uber.
I even like the look of a blank graphic with a cross where a jpeg used to be.
Nothing is forever.
Posted by boynton at March 20, 2004 04:40 PM

As if Uber could ever die! I'm shocked- SHOCKED! at the suggestion.

Seriously the new plan I'm moving to will have enough space for anything you want to upload, short of entire DVD movies.
Posted by Scott Wickstein at March 22, 2004 12:15 AM

Scott, the reference to sites going belly up relates to freeby image hosters not Uber. Never. I've always assumed (as long as you remember when the bills are due) that it will be uber alles.

Boynton thrown out onto the streets, sleeping under bridges, a blag lady panhandling for links. Perish the thought.
Posted by Sedgwick at March 22, 2004 07:53 AM

an image not too far away from reality, actually.
Posted by boynton at March 22, 2004 09:43 AM

No comments: