RECENT COMMENTS

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

chick flicks

I like only one of the Top 10 Chick Flicks on this list, and GWTW crosses the silly essentialist divide anyway, doesn't it?

(And by their own definition
First, if there's major emoting--emoting that does not revolve around wars, cars or sporting events, that is--it could be a chick flick
some of the epic GWTW emoting is not about ashleys but wars?)

I consulted some other lists and have concluded that my top 10 would be heavily located in the nostalgia section of the video store. In fact, I like half of Bob's list. Perhaps movies with a score by Max Steiner would be a good place to start?

Even though the classic Women's Picture offered more than one note emoting, I guess my top 10 CF's would be found in the hybrid category of Romance.
the American Film Institute's 100 greatest love stories of all time
The Romance Reader's 150 Romantic Movies


and probably somewhere in the 1930's and 1940's with a bit of Sound of Mary Poppins on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown thrown in.


Comments: chick flicks

Where was "love actually'?
Posted by Averil at April 6, 2004 05:28 AM

probably too fresh?

and err, I haven't seen it yet actually, Averil
Posted by boynton at April 6, 2004 02:01 PM

No comments: