RECENT COMMENTS

Friday, March 25, 2005

zentences

The future occurred before or after 1984?
Temperance stops the use of the internal combustion engine?
Hope can come at or in any age!
Philosophy returns as a butterfly
!

some zentences (via twists and turns)



Comments: zentences

Sometimes it's futile to give up.
Posted by Diogenes at March 25, 2005 01:02 PM

A nice (albeit stoic) reply to my third...

Or a blogger's (blogaholic's) creed? ;)

Posted by boynton at March 25, 2005 02:02 PM

It's something I once uttered in conversation without thinking (I do that a lot) and then it struck me how absurd/profound one could deem it to be. It's 3.10am and I can't make much sense right now. Happy Easter Bunnies, Boynton.
Posted by diogenes at March 26, 2005 03:13 AM

Prolonged eye-contact reaches the stars!
Posted by Kent at March 26, 2005 10:08 PM

"searching can twinkle childlike"...
Posted by boynton at March 26, 2005 10:19 PM

'Intellectual curiosity fascinates a fool!'

zentences have never been so fascinating.
Posted by Kent at March 26, 2005 11:29 PM

"There are known knowns, and unknown knowns."

"I don't know why I don't know what I don't know I know."

"Why is the earth 6 billion years old? 'cos it took that long to find out."

"Of course everything means something. Even pointless remarks like this."

"But if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?"

"A shirt has a tail but cannot bark."

"God only knows what god knows."

"Jazz is about playing the same note differently."

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?"

"I hate this damn computer
I really should sell it
It never does what I want
Only what I tell it."

"A rose is a rose is a rose is a rose."

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time you just might find, you get what you need."

"Measure your head before ordering" - Sears-Roebuck catalogue circa mid 1950s.

"It's the fish John West rejects that makes John West's fish the best."

"Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then if you do still judge them, hey! yer a mile away and you've got their shoes."

"All of us are in te gutter, but some of us are looking for a light."

"If all of this meant really something, shouldn't it be clear by now?"
Posted by Nabakov at March 29, 2005 10:07 PM

Hmmm...
"A shirt has a tail but cannot bark."
I like that, without knowing why.
Sounds like a line from a 60's folk ballad.
Folk is about playing the same song?

And I give up.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?"
Posted by boynton at March 29, 2005 10:54 PM

"And I give up.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?""

Poe wrote on both.

Put that in yer Carrel and Dodgson it.
Posted by Nabakov at March 29, 2005 11:26 PM

and my hair wants cutting too...

Curious, but everything's been curious today.
Posted by boynton at March 30, 2005 12:03 AM

Another case of synchronicity city, Nabakov.

Just happened upon this site today (via grow a brain) which has Lewis Carroll's own reply to the riddle.

http://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/?alice9.html

which directs you here directly:
http://www.lewiscarroll.org/bull.html#QAF
Posted by boynton at April 3, 2005 03:37 PM

No comments: