RECENT COMMENTS

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

variously

e-x-c-h-a-n-g-e-v-a-l-u-e-s Interview with Nick Piombino


Dick Jones' Patteran Pages The Royals: Who Hates Who

Odd Books I Like "A Miscellany of Diverse Interest and Pleasure" (via grow a brain)

Russian Fairy Tales (via *.*)



Comments: variously

Other than Fergie (who's obviously an unmuzzled, dizzy-eyed foot-licker - and what's the point of that?), them royals are just a bunch of gleeking knotty-pated pumpions....
Posted by wen at March 5, 2005 11:23 AM

Wen: I suspect a lot of people other than the blue bloods could be gleeking notty-pated pumpions.Whatever it means, it would seem to be quite a frightening encumbrance, possibly painful.
The problem with being Royal is, you cannot cease being Royal, even by your own choosing. My tolerance of Royals is supported by the fact I choose not to hate people,(Most of the time). I find Loving much more rewarding.
Posted by John Leonard Spencer at March 5, 2005 01:19 PM

I agree with you, JLS.
In the same way I don't think anyone's purloined and peddled pillow talk would stand universal scrutiny.

But I thought this link was a bit tongue-in-cheek amusing for tracking the alleged alliances of Princess Pushy if nothing more.

Dick's DIY Shakespearean Insult Kit is very fine reading too, just below that one.
Posted by boynton at March 5, 2005 02:01 PM

You're quite right, John & in fact I really dislike gratuitous Windsor baiting myself (& could do a much longer, much nastier list of who said what about who in my family...) I was just having fun with some of the silly Shakespearean insults listed under the royal gossip at Dick Jones's place. Indulging my very worst impertinent, pribbling, motley-minded, onion-eyed impulses - being the worst sort of beetle-headed, beslubbering pottock imaginable ...
Posted by wen at March 5, 2005 02:10 PM

Jinxed!
Posted by wen at March 5, 2005 02:12 PM

Indeed, wen, I wonder whose extended family could withstand such constant close analysis. Doesn't bear thinking about... At least using insults like those provided in the kit would make things less pedestrian at christmasses. (Maybe iambic though.)

I also wonder if "mammering, dog-hearted, harpy" is an insult? I might wear that one.
Posted by boynton at March 5, 2005 02:46 PM

We also have a sub human male in our extended family, not of my bloodline thankfully,who may well be described as a Flagitious-Flatulent-Fornicator.
Posted by John Leonard Spencer at March 6, 2005 02:08 AM

Comment 3.Boynton. Fully understood,I did read it, very intimidating stuff, even SUB/HUM would not deserve a additional serve of such abuse.
Returning to Royals: It was clear that even Dick 3 had had enough, calling,EQUUS EQUUS MEUS REGNUM PARUMPER EQUUS, or something similar. Now we have Chas 3, designate to the throne, who likewise, is prepared to give up his kingdom(Dare I say it) For a Horse.
Posted by John Leonard Spencer at March 6, 2005 01:47 PM

No comments: