RECENT COMMENTS

Saturday, March 26, 2005

this scene

grab it, whatever its name...

My sister found a School Friend Annual 1969.
This frame, from a story called The Sindy Set happened to jump out at me.

Grab it, whatever its name is.

 



That's Life (via PCL linkdump)


Comments: this scene

from a comic strip about a movie?
Posted by cs at March 28, 2005 06:38 PM

the (notorious round these parts) "Blow Up"?

Nah - just one of those wannabe hip tilts involving a school friend who is suddenly Hip with a Boutique and a boyfriend - and an asterisk which denotes "By arrangement with the manufacturers of Sindy Dolls"
It's odd that the illustration style and mores changed so swiftly from the late 50's to 60's here - gym slips to Carnaby hip in a decade. The drawing and narrative were better in the '50's IMHO.

But the brass in that link sounds pretty cool to me. Just listened to the MP3 of Besame Mucho.
Posted by boynton at March 28, 2005 07:28 PM

You shouldn't have left us at home yesterday. That was ruff!
Posted by Flo & Bronte at March 29, 2005 02:07 PM

Actually, Sunday was longer.
That's life. (Or whatever it is)
Posted by boynton at March 29, 2005 02:44 PM

That's woof!
Posted by Flo & Bronte at March 29, 2005 03:06 PM

Indeed. Woofers and Subwoofers. In the suburbs.

(adding a razor edge to any party mood even without the loopy trombones)
Posted by boynton at March 29, 2005 03:17 PM

76 times "huh?"
Posted by Flo & Bronte at March 29, 2005 03:40 PM

"That's Life"
That's blue.
That's a link.

I lifted some of the text from the record for my last comment. I tried to tie the wandering tangent back to the post. If I was to have a party here, I hope I could play a record similar to the brassy one featured for that retro razor edge...
(I wonder if James Last can cut it?)
Posted by boynton at March 29, 2005 03:50 PM

No comments: