RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, March 17, 2005

thence pwllheli

Revolution number 9 - minute by minute (via grow a brain)

Although there would seem to be some dispute about the exact lyrics as this passage indicates:
5:50-5:59 Intelligible speech (john, right): "The dogs were dogging,the cats were catting, the birds were birding, the fish were fishing..."


differs from this version:
How? Dogs for dogging, hands for clapping
Birds for birding and fish for fishing
Them for themming and when for whimming


and this:
6:01
JL: "Dogs were dogging, cats were catting. Birds were birding, Fish were fishing. Thence Pwllheli, went swimming"
[Pwllheli, pron. "per-thelly", in Northern Wales. An odd little poem!]



Anyway - once you get the words down you could always try the karaoke version.
Surely that would have to be included in any Extreme Karaoke set?


Comments: thence pwllheli

Duh, duh, duh... (sorry, boynton, couldn't help myself, just had to do this) :-)

That's it. No more. You've used up your comment quota for March.
Posted by Diogenes at March 17, 2005 04:47 PM

Oh no!
but is it comment number nine yet? ;)
Posted by boynton at March 17, 2005 11:04 PM

Oh my god, I just realised that a humourless person might think I was serious in my previous comment. I'd better put smilies after everything I say from now on. :-) :-) :-) [sigh]
Posted by Diogenes at March 17, 2005 11:07 PM

I find the wink to be pretty much my default.

;)


and having just listened to Revolution Number Nine on vinyl for the first time in ... years?... I would be employing at least nine different emoticons to express my reaction to the lyrics.
Posted by boynton at March 17, 2005 11:14 PM

This is ridiculous, boynton, you just managed to wedge a comment in before mine. Please deem my last comment to have been made before I saw your last comment, otherwise new misunderstandings could arise... :-)

Comment number nine? I don't follow..

I'm feeling a tad sensitive after being mauled by a humanitarian. Life was easier when I was killing 'cong so you could have a better life... ;-) ;-) ;-)

Me getting all sensitive is in itself ironic. And I'm going way over the comment quota here... :-) :-) :-) [double sigh]
Posted by Diogenes at March 17, 2005 11:16 PM

"comment number nine"...

A weak joke in reference to the Beatles song of the post. I think listening too hard to the said song dulled my wit.

I'm pretty sure it would have a high degree of difficulty in the karaoke stakes.
Posted by boynton at March 17, 2005 11:23 PM

Ok! Back to sanity! I finally read your original link and now I understand the 'nine' thing.

Also, boynton, I've inadvertantly hogged this blog and I'll give it a bit of a rest for a bit now before I scare allof your regulars away for good. :-) :-) :-)
Posted by Diogenes at March 17, 2005 11:25 PM

Thank you. This blog appreciates your hogging. ;)

Alas - who knows where all those regulars are?...
(no wink) ;)
Posted by boynton at March 17, 2005 11:29 PM

a word of warning.

Don't Google "dogging in uk"
Posted by Francis Xavier Holden at March 18, 2005 12:09 AM

You know, FX, I kinda thought that looked dodgy.

And here was I thinking Pwllheli was curious.
Posted by boynton at March 18, 2005 12:17 AM

- and does that mean I might get some serious search traffic now?
Posted by boynton at March 18, 2005 12:22 AM

Serious dog traphiking ... Pam for spaming ;P

Black puddinging for guiness-lovers?
Posted by Jozef Imrich at March 18, 2005 02:02 AM

green beer for spam...

I just noticed the most recent search request:
"tea towel poems"
which contains an excerpt from b at blogspot that reads almost like a foreign text to me...

"the popular nostalgia of the tea-towel also serviced private memory..."

Must have been something in the brew in those days. However - people searching for "Tea towel poems" may not be too shocked by this blog's content, but who knows.
Posted by boynton at March 18, 2005 08:01 PM

No comments: