RECENT COMMENTS

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

lit people

The 100 favourite fictional characters... as chosen by 100 literary luminaries

via Lonita's Links log


Comments: lit people

My favourite writers all do crime novels so my favourite characters are Chandler's Philip Marlowe, Reginald Hill's DCI Dalziel (the books crap allover the TV show- he is FOUL in the books), and best of all Carl Hiaasen's feral ex-Governor of Florida SKINK who went nuts, went bush, lives on roadkill, and in Double Whammy barbecues a poodle and eats it (not condoning that of course). More elegantly, I do love the tea-gowned Hispano-Suiza driving Phrynne Fisher of Kerry Greenwood's books.
Posted by Brownie at April 8, 2005 08:07 PM

I see Philip M gets a guernsey in the list, Brownie.I must read some more crime.

As for me (of those listed) I wonder if it's more Miss Bennett or Miss Havisham to endorse a fondness for Rhett?


"Chosen by Penny Vincenzi (Sheer Abandon)

"It's been a lifelong love affair between me and Gone With the Wind's Rhett Butler. He seems to encapsulate every desirable male quality - sophistication, wit, courage and tenderness, too."

(I think it was because I read GWTW at the very impressionable age of 12, having seen the film at 8. You don't forget these things...)
Posted by boynton at April 8, 2005 11:26 PM

No comments: