RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, August 09, 2004

oddnesses

Reading John Buchan's The Thirty Nine Steps I quite liked this quote:

...But my necessities did not allow me to contemplate oddnesses or to pick and choose my supports

Chasing the quote Google thought I was on the wrong track:

Did you mean: But my necessities did not allow me to contemplate addresses or to pick and choose my supports


Comments: oddnesses

Great book, and the movie with Kenneth More is still one of my all-time favourites
Posted by Niall at August 9, 2004 08:27 PM

Picked up the book for $2 and I'm really enjoying it, Niall.
I like the More film, but I think I prefer the Hitchcock. Does More quite cut it as Hannay?
I think Donat definitely does.
I was reading about the films and may post something tomorrow. It's interesting to see what was added in the screenplay of the 35 film. I think it was quite complementary.
Posted by boynton at August 9, 2004 11:05 PM

err...

that'd be of course
1) One dollar
2) Moore
Posted by boynton at August 10, 2004 02:03 PM

No comments: