RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, August 30, 2004

moon stroke

And googling Davies' Moonrise led me to this 1999 Poetry Kit interview with poet Coral Hull...

My mother mostly despised Beethoven and especially his fifth symphony, which I held as the essence of life. She also refused to visit art galleries with me when I was an adolescent, complaining to other relatives that I would stare at one painting for twenty minutes. I remember doing this with ‘Moonrise’ by David Davies. I went somewhere else through his work, although I don’t know how long I was away


A more recent interview: David Prater in Converstaion with Coral Hull

And in one of those moments of found synchronicity I read her prose poem
Pop’s stroke shortly after reading another: Mal at Dick Jones' Patteran Pages...

Strange word, ‘stroke’ - a gentle sleep
and then you wake up,
changed



Comments: moon stroke

I found some blogs I very much like on your roll. One, (can't remember which) has a Moon phase logo (advertising the moon?) which I liked so grabbed. Umm, I wonder where the word 'stroke' comes from?
Posted by Link at August 30, 2004 09:47 PM

I can't recall the blog either...but it looks good on yours.
There are some great blogs over there, and out there. I keep finding new ones - which is heartening and a bit scary at the same time.
One day soon the who world and her dog will have a blog.
Posted by boynton at August 31, 2004 01:43 PM

err - that is, the WHOLE world (and her dog)

Didn't correct this typo because I think the 'WHO' world may be closer to the mark.
Posted by boynton at August 31, 2004 02:24 PM

Update: Blog with moon phases is OKIR - of course.
And whose original Moon post has been tagged and tracked.
Posted by boynton at September 3, 2004 05:34 PM

No comments: