RECENT COMMENTS

Thursday, August 19, 2004

iron poem

Inspired by dirty beloved's magnificent Scots valley iron
I pressed a poem on the fridge

(update: my poem now reads a bit serious in the dreaded bittery-twisted genre. Wasn't meant to sound quite like that. I used the "revelations" wordset - so merely tried to fashion a lightweight mundane ode out of the beholds and hath delivereds)


Comments: iron poem

A wise woman once said: "Never touch a hot iron"

I never do.
Posted by Nora at August 19, 2004 04:54 PM

Very wise.

The more I look at that poem, the more it seems bad-bittery with all the "dragons, and moons and stars and heavens" removed.

I should have just left it at this:
"The iron appeared. Behold a miracle."
Posted by boynton at August 19, 2004 04:59 PM

An hour and a half on and my poem now appears to me to be the dumbest poem in the world.
There was meant to be a shot of iron-y there,
but now I can't see it at all.
Posted by boynton at August 19, 2004 06:28 PM

No comments: