RECENT COMMENTS

Friday, August 20, 2004

drinking birds

My bird swings backwards and bangs it's head on the ground...

My bird dips into the glass of water then stays there...

My bird stops drinking after a while...


Drinking Birds FAQ from The Happy Drinking bird
 


I was reminded of these Birds of youth by seeing a DIY version at Science Toys you can make with your kids (via exclamation mark and plep)

I saw one in the local Milk Bar when I was eight, and for some reason coveted it. My best friend S owned one, which was probably why. Was given to me on my ninth birthday, and it drank happily for a while before it stopped, we moved on and it disappeared. Maybe my bird went west or flew north?)


Comments: drinking birds

Yeah. I remember the Looney Tunes episode with Tweetie and Sylvester where T mistakes one for his 'friend'. I think S ended up eating it and then had to pause and dip every few paces. Laugh. I nearly started.
Posted by Nora at August 21, 2004 02:15 PM

Missed that episode.

Lucky one of our mad labradors never chomped the drinking bird. They preferred ducks.
Posted by boynton at August 21, 2004 07:05 PM

No comments: