RECENT COMMENTS

Sunday, May 16, 2004

sixteen rules

The sixteen first rules of fiction

(via as above)


Comments: sixteen rules

That first sentence from the Da Vinci Code reminds me of people who at first meeting tell you things like; " I'm a very sensitive person, you know..." or " I really need my space...".
Maybe 'show don't tell' should be rule #1 in life too. (okay --maybe rule no 1c). But then again rule no 6 ('never take yourself too seriously') is a pretty good one too - and would probably negate the necessity of rule #1c.
Posted by wen at May 19, 2004 10:51 AM

"negate the necessity'"??? ugh.

But you know what I mean.
Posted by Wen at May 19, 2004 10:53 AM

Uh oh. Makes me wonder if I've ever been guilty of blurting out:
"Hi. I never take myself too seriously"
when first introduced to someone...

Think I probably have, but then I always like to experiment with subtext y'know. ;)

Such statements are usually ambit claims?
Posted by boynton at May 19, 2004 02:45 PM

No comments: